Holiday Inspiration for Solo Travellers
Ryedale has been voted on of the best places for the solo traveller to visit. Here’s our holiday inspiration of things to as solo traveller when visiting Ryedale (and of course staying with us at Cliff House Holiday Cottages!)
- Go on a cookery course. Malton in Ryedale is “Yorkshire’s Food Capital”, so why not go on a half day or a day long cookery course at The Cooks Place? Learn a new skill, eat what you make for lunch and take some home for dinner too!
- Feeling Crafty? Just a 5 minute walk away is Ebberston Studios who run a full programme of craft workshops from felting to photography and all points in between.
- A round of golf? There are many golf courses near to Cliff House. Why not book tuition from the Pro at Snainton Golf Course and Driving Range (just 5 mins away) or visit the golf course at Kirbymoorside?
- Love nature? Yorkshire Coast Nature has a year round programme of half day and full days out. Whether you want to hone your wildlife photography skills, watch gannets dive for food off the cliffs of Bempton or having watched “Secret Life of Forest” you want to listen to Nightjars in the Great Yorkshire Forest.
- Into home décor? Wood Cottage Crafts in nearby Brompton offers many different workshops around home décor as does Jacqueline Schultz Interiors in Ebberston.
- Now for something really different! Why not sign up for a footplate experience on one of the steam trains of the North Yorkshire Moor Railway. Spend an afternoon travelling from Pickering to Grosmont and back again on the footplate of one of the North Yorkshire Moors Railway heritage steam locomotives
About Cliff House Holiday Cottages
At Cliff House Holiday Cottages we have 5 dog friendly self catering holiday cottages, of which two (Apple Cottage and Pear Loft) are ideal for solo travellers and couples. The two cottages share a small enclosed garden, as well as having access to our 2 acres of grounds including a woodland dog walk. At Cliff House we are just 3 minutes walk from our local dog friendly pub, The Grapes, which offers a range of hearty food.